Thinking of Getting a Laptop

Custom-built my desktop in 2009, until now almost 8 years, in between changed a few graphics card and upgraded ram, I think also upgraded hard-disk once.

My current spec

Motherboard: Gigabyte P55M-UD2
Processor: Intel i5 750 @ 2.66GHz
Memory: 8GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz
Graphics: GTX 960 2GB
Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2494HS
Storage: 500GB HDD

The rest not really worth mentioning.

Actually my desktop still serves me well but problem is it's too big, it's a mid tower so the CPU, monitor, keyboard and mouse takes up my whole table, and my CPU sometimes also a bit siao siao cannot start, have to off then on once or twice then can start, think it's the motherboard problem.

Anyway I'm looking at the Aftershock S-15, now got promotion seems like very value for money, if pay cash is $2485.


I also checked out Alienware for the same spec, it cost $3400+, almost $1000 difference!

Also looked at the Razer Blade, screen is smaller at 14", seems like no G-Sync, storage only SSD, Windows don't know whether it's home or professional version, with the 256 SSD is $2740+, with 512 SSD is $3049+.

I think Alienware and Razer is more like branded goods, pay more for the brand name.

Also took a look at the Origin PC, also another branded goods, cost between $3600-$3800+ for around similar spec, wah piang, I think only carrot head will buy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks