Singapore to Raise Legal Smoking Age from 18 to 21

Source

Although they are still in the proposal phase but I think 99% will go through, so in future to buy, possess or smoke you need to be 21 years old. I guess it will be helpful to prevent most youths from picking up the habit but it will definitely be a pain for youths who are already smokers.

As a smoker I think it's probably better, if possible I also don't want to smoke but it has become a hobby for me, so if you ask me to give up my hobby, it's as good as asking someone who is interested in photography to give up photography if you get what I mean.

I've been smoking since I was 13, until now about 21 years. In between I have tried a few times to quit, longest period I stayed away was about 2 months, but every time come back because of peer influence or just plain old habit. I mean if your friends are smokers, eventually you will pick it up.

I think if the government really want to stop people from smoking they might as well just stop the sale of tobacco, increase price or raise age limit will help but for hardcore smokers, it won't change much, yeah maybe they will smoke less, or switch brands, or buy those chiong ones, in the end it doesn't stop them from smoking.

And obviously they don't stop the sale is because it is damn good money, production of one pack of cigarettes only how much, I know Changi Airport duty free sell 10 pack Sampoerna $32, one pack is $3.2, if you buy in Singapore shops, by my experience is range from $11.50 to $12.60, so roughly you know one pack they tax about $8, the rest depends on how much the shop price it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks