Had My Air-con Serviced Today

After buying my air-con for about 2.5 years, this is the first time I called for servicing, must have accumulated a thick layer of crap deep inside so it was kind of smelly whenever I turned on the air-con.

DIY cleaning is very limited, at most I only know how to take out the filter, if ask me to dismantle the unit I might not know how to assemble it, without damaging anything, so I thought better to leave it to the professionals. Actually I should have called for servicing sooner, I was skeptical about these air-con cleaning companies, not sure which one is good, all thanks to that Gain City, their air-con servicing totally cannot make it, disgrace the industry and make consumer lose confidence, never ever buy air-con from them or even use their air-con services.

My air-con is Mitsubishi Electric System 2, so I booked a normal servicing for the one in my living room since we rarely use it and chemical overhaul for the one in my bedroom, total price including GST is $208.65. I booked from this website via their online form, their company name is @bsolute Aircon, I think they also offer other types of cleaning. Their sales staff responded very fast, power.

Anyway I was at work, my wife was in charge, according to her they arrived at around 5pm+, finished at around 6.40pm+, so considered punctual since the arrival timing given by their salesperson was between 4.30pm to 6pm.

As for the cleaning, my wife said for the normal cleaning, they used vacuum cleaner to clean the unit, clean the filter, they also took out the pipes and vacuumed it, wife said the cleaning was quite thorough. For the chemical overhaul, they dismantled the entire unit, brought it to the toilet to clean, wife never saw what they did, she was busy chasing after baby, she only managed to take 4 photos.

Wife also said one guy climbed outside and checked the compressor, also cleaned the pipes or something, sounds like very thorough work to me, unlike the stupid Gain City.

I think they did a good job, now the air-con in my room feels like when I just bought it, no more smelly air, now the air smells so clean.






Before this the air was blowing out from one side, the other side seemed to be choked, and have to turn fan to level 2 of 4 then cool, now air can blow out fully, and I set to silent mode also very cool, I like silent mode because totally no noise, if use the fan can be a bit noisy.

See now I set to 24 degrees in silent mode, can reach 25-25.5, before cleaning same settings can only reach 27 on rainy days, usually 28.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks