SIBOR Rate Rising, Time to Sell Stocks?

Recently news of SIBOR rate rising has been coming out quite often, even when I was busy I also know about it. Just last year it was 0.4%+, now it is 1%+, more than 50% increase.

Some good reads here, I think the 3rd link really gives a good idea:



Our SIBOR is closely linked to the US interest rate, so I heard they are planning to increase again, I think just late last year or early this year they increased, so our SIBOR will most likely increase together, by then people here would be cash strapped so I guess they won't put so much money into stocks, I think better to sell everything soon, maybe next week I clear my stocks and hold on to cash first.

I think those who really overstretched will be very much affected, if SIBOR goes up to 2%, their monthly payment would increase significantly, but who knows, one thing for sure is the interest rate will go up, so better be safe than sorry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks