A Few Taxi Drivers Short-Changed Me

These few days I needed to travel outside to settle some work issues, I took taxi several times a day and noticed that some drivers tend to short-change me a bit, 5 cents here, 10 cents there, for example the fare was $4.96, I gave $6 and he gave me back $0.95, I knew but kept quiet because it was not a big amount, but after taking several such rides, it does add up, still a negligible amount though, but felt a bit unfair because I can only claim up to the amount stated on the receipt so this kind of losses I have to absorb myself, but I won't go as far as to chase back this kind of money, just some small change, I take it as they don't have small change, they brought me to my destination and that's good enough.

The last time I had to travel outside, it was in 2010 to 2011, from 2007 to 2009 I also traveled a lot due to work, that time the drivers were very law-by-law, 5 cents or 10 cents also cannot owe passenger, for the same situation like $4.96, I give $6, if they don't have small change, they just give me $1.10 or $1.20, can give more but cannot give less, nowadays it's different, can give less! But can't blame them, driving taxi also not easy job, I don't mind giving a bit more but it's the sneakiness that gets me, they could just tell me they don't have enough change rather than just give less and hope I don't see it, please, I'm not blind and don't fail in simple maths, how can I not notice it? I thought it was just one or two drivers, but when a few drivers do this, it's more of a culture problem.

Then again, there were the really nice drivers that I encountered these few days, this uncle brought me from South to East, the taxi fare was $21.50, he told me to pay him only $20 but I insisted on paying the full amount, it's okay because I can claim so my heart won't ache haha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks