Singapore Bank Interest Rate is Pathetic

On 31 Dec 2013, I have a balance of $4753.91 in my POSB bank account; it's the old type of savings account opened when I was in primary school and that was about 18 or 19 years ago, good thing about this account is there is no fall-below fee. So I checked and found that they paid me $1.21 for interest, that's like 0.025%, hahahaha, that's why never ever keep your money in the bank, what a waste of potential. You may argue that the way I calculate is wrong, I should calculate by month and such, but no matter how you do it, it's still ridiculously low.

So the moral of the story is, invest, in equities, in gold, in whatever else, but always determine your risk appetite first, know exactly what kind of investor you are, how much risk you can or is willing to take, it's not just oh have money just whack, if in doubt, ask, there are plenty of places to ask like sgtalk, hardwarezone stocks, i3investor and etc, there are always people willing to share their knowledge.

Don't be like my mother, she believe the bank is paying her a good return if she puts her money in a passbook savings account, she might as well just top up to her CPF, at least CPF pays way more than banks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks