And I Thought Filipinos Only Job Offer is Bad

Quite a while back, I saw a job offer at a restaurant, forgot which restaurant but they pasted this note on the wall beside their entrance which says something like this, "Seeking Service Staff, Filipinos Only", I thought it was very discriminatory, how come a restaurant running their business here in Singapore can post a job offer like that, right in public eyes, I wonder how many Singaporeans saw that. Please note that I have nothing against Filipinos, it could be Thais, Burmese, Indians or any other nationality, what annoyed me was they only choose a specific group of candidates instead of opening the position to anyone capable of doing it.

Today I saw this, this one really ultimate, it was a job offer from this recruitment firm called Randstad.

Source

This position is open to candidates who are not Singaporean Citizens or PR.

They actually posted "This position is open to candidates who are not Singaporean Citizens or PR.", wow, I sure hope MOM is doing something about this Randstad, this kind of posting is insulting, what are they trying to say, Singaporeans and PRs are not capable of doing it? Come on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP-PLUS)

How to Marry a Thai in Singapore

Commission Calculator for DBS Vickers SG Stocks